Views:21 Author:Juno Publish Time: 2020-04-16 Origin:Site
Metal laser cutting machine has natural advantages for cutting metals. Metal materials have poor absorption of laser beams. The initial absorption rate is only 0.5%- 10%. When the focused laser beam is irradiated to the metal surface, it can quickly start to melt in microseconds. The absorption rate of most metals in the molten state rises sharply, generally increasing by 60% to 80%.
There are seven materials can cut by laser sheet laser cutter.
1. Carbon steel. The thickness of the laser-cut carbon steel plate can be up to 25mm, and the slit of the carbon steel cut by the oxidation flux cutting mechanism can be controlled within a satisfactory width range, and the slit of the thin plate can be narrowed to about 0.1mm.
2. Alloy steel. Most alloy structural steels and alloy tool steels can obtain good trimming quality by laser cutting method. When using oxygen as the processing gas, the cutting edge will be slightly oxidized. For plates up to 4mm thick, nitrogen can be used as a processing gas for high-pressure cutting. In this case, the cutting edge will not be oxidized.
3. Stainless steel. For the manufacturing industry dominated by stainless steel sheets, laser cutting is an effective processing method. In the case of strict control of laser cutting heat input, the width of the heat affected zone of the trimming edge can be limited, thereby ensuring good corrosion resistance of stainless steel.
4. Despite its high reflectivity and thermal conductivity, aluminum alloys can still cut thin aluminum materials, depending on the alloy type and laser power. When using oxygen, the cutting surface is rough and hard; when using nitrogen, the cutting surface is smooth. Pure aluminum is very difficult to cut, and can only be cut if a "reflective absorption" device is installed on the system, otherwise the reflection will destroy the optical components.
5. Copper and its alloys. Cutting brass (copper alloy) should use higher laser power, and the auxiliary gas uses air or oxygen to cut thinner plates. Both pure copper and brass have high reflectivity and very good thermal conductivity.
6. Titanium and its alloys. Pure titanium can well couple the heat energy converted by the focused laser beam. When the auxiliary gas uses oxygen, the chemical reaction is violent and the cutting speed is fast. However, it is easy to form an oxide layer at the cutting edge, which may also cause over-burning. Therefore, the use of air as an auxiliary gas can ensure the cutting quality. The titanium alloy laser cutting ball commonly used in the aircraft industry is better. Although there will be a little sticky residue at the bottom of the slit, it is easy to remove. Titanium plates are cut with nitrogen and nitrogen as processing gases.
7. Nickel-based alloy. Also known as high-temperature alloys, there are many varieties. Most of which can implement laser oxidation flux cutting, and the cutting quality is good.