Views: 23 Author: Summer Publish Time: 2023-04-10 Origin: Site
Handheld laser welding machine is a very popular welding equipment in recent years. Handheld fiber laser welder can be used in sheet metal, cabinets, water tanks, distribution boxes and other cabinets, kitchen cabinets, stainless steel door and window guardrails, hardware products, advertising signs, handicraft products, battery components, steel furniture, shelves and other fields. In terms of materials, handheld laser welding machine can be used for welding aluminum sheets, iron sheets, stainless steel sheets, copper sheets and other metal sheets of the same material.
Auxiliary gas is often used for shielding when welding with a handheld laser welding machine. Auxiliary gases are usually inert gases, which are colorless, odorless, and difficult to chemically react with other substances. Because of their extremely inactive chemical properties, they are often used to isolate the air in welding. The principle is to spray the inert gas to the surface of the workpiece with a certain pressure through the nozzle, so as to avoid some gases in the air from oxidizing the weld seam. So how to choose and use auxiliary gas is very important for welding quality.
The role of auxiliary gas:
1. Avoid oxidation of the workpiece during welding;
2. Improve the aesthetics of the workpiece weld after forming;
3. Prevent the occurrence of stomata;
4. Expand the laser utilization rate of the laser welding machine;
5. Reduce the spatter of the focusing lens during the welding process of the laser welding machine.
Types of auxiliary gas:
Shielding gas will provide favorable conditions for the formation of welds. When the material to be welded has surface oxidation, it is necessary to use shielding gas; when the material to be welded does not care about surface oxidation, it is also possible not to use gas for protection. There are three kinds of auxiliary gases used in handheld fiber laser welders, namely helium, argon and nitrogen.
Argon is a cost-effective auxiliary gas, and it is used more in hand held laser welding. Because argon is very inactive, it hardly reacts chemically with common metals. In addition, argon is cheap and dense, and can protect the weld very well.
Nitrogen is a very affordable auxiliary gas, but due to metallurgical problems, it is not suitable for welding certain types of stainless steel, and porosity may also appear. Therefore, it is not suitable as a welding auxiliary gas for all metals, and stainless steel is a very common material, which has limitations.
Helium is a more expensive shielding gas, and it is also a more commonly used shielding gas in laser welding. Helium has a better protective effect than argon and nitrogen, allowing the laser to directly reach the surface of the workpiece without hindrance, but the cost of using helium is higher.
How to use assist gas:
1. Move the gas tank smoothly when in use;
2. Set the auxiliary gas first, and then turn on the laser welding machine;
3. The user should stand on the side of the bottle mouth and slowly open the cylinder valve;
4. The blowing method of the protective gas can be selected according to the situation, and it is generally recommended to use the side blowing method of the side shaft;
5. Store away from fire sources, avoid high temperature or exposure to the sun;
Although the auxiliary gas is invisible, it plays an important role and affects the welding quality. When choosing gas, on the one hand, it can be considered comprehensively in combination with factors such as welding material, location, method, cost and effect. On the other hand, different gases can be used for welding tests, and the laser welding machine gas suitable for your own use can be selected. If you want to learn more about handheld laser welding machine, please contact SENFENG.